If you’re looking for a good compact router kit, consider DEWALT DWP611PK router combo kit on your list. It has an approval rating of 94% on Amazon and includes important and effective features.
- Has a decent 1.25HP motor power that can handle tough projects
- Has a variable speed control that has a no-load speed ranging from 16,000 – 27,000 RPM
- Slow-start feature that helps maintain the motor speed
- Adjustable bit depth within the range of 1/64 inches for the product’s fixed base kit
- Efficiently portable with a weight of only 8 pounds and dimensions of 7 x 10.2 x 19.2 inches
With impressive customer reviews, DEWALT DWP611PK is one of the best routers for woodworking currently out on the market.
Here are some of its most notable marks
- Plunge base of the product is great for dadoes, grooves and mortising
- Although the tool is lightweight, it has enough power to handle most router projects
- Easy adjustable cut depth that can deliver with great precision
- Professional quality that can deliver the product’s claims
- Great value for its price
- Still working effectively and with accuracy even with several months passed
- Good grip for handling tough applications
Here are a few of its reviews you should be aware of
- There are very few customers that received a malfunctioning wood router which is likely a factory defect
- This wood router is not intended for metal pieces
- A few mentioned about its bit getting stuck constantly
Considering its price of $150, the DEWALT DWP611PK is listed as one of the best wood routers out on the market. Although there are a few drawbacks on its functionality, it is an effective wood router that is well designed and powerful enough to deal with most of your woodworking projects. As long as you have a decent knowledge on how to use these kinds of tools, there’s not much problem to deal with.